NEW: Anti Racist Practice Solutions for Health and Social Care Staff
Date, Time & Location
Feb 22, 2023, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
About the Event
To understand and manage the impact of racism on an individual, families and communities when providing health and social care support.
By end of the session, participants will have a better understanding of
- What is meant by racism, institutional racism and systemic racism
- Consider the latest statistics
- How racism can manifest in assessments and service delivery
- How to develop inclusive cultures to enable understanding, empowerment and good practice
- Concepts of themes and terminology
- Use of the term allyship, how it works and its effectiveness
- Discuss the acceptable continuum through scenarios
- Consider, through examples, how individual and group bias through behaviours, language attitudes, relationships and decisions have an impact on social care practice
The course will be delivered by Snéha Kilhay, Edge Trainer and Consultant on Race and Diversity
Snéha is a leading speaker on the subject of unconscious bias and racism. Her thought provoking talks have helped many Edge clients identify white privilege, unconscious bias and racism (in all its forms) within their own organisations. Snéha is highly skilled in showing delegates how to recognise racist practice and potential solutions to address these issues.Over the past twenty years she has advised various Mental Health Trusts, Hospitals and Local Authorities through training and consultancy on how to incorporate equality and cultural diversity into policies and practices, particularly in relation to eradicating discrimination and has been interviewed by the press on these topics.
Includes all course materials and a certificate. Course access details will be emailed direct to delegate(s) upon completion of your booking. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com or call 07341 277487.
Course Place£85.00Tax: +£17.00 VAT