Managing Stress for Social Workers in Adult Social Care 7 December 2023
Date, Time & Location
Dec 07, 2023, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
About the Event
As a social worker, stress inevitably accompanies the job. Some stress can be good for you, but when stress becomes toxic it can overwhelm your system. This course provides invaluable tools and techniques to manage stress levels and build inner resilience. It is designed specifically for social workers in adult social care to equip them with an understanding of what stress is about – particularly its impact on our thoughts (cognitive effects) and our bodies (somatic symptoms). The course will explore strategies to effectively manage the emotional impact of being a social worker.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand what stress does to the mind and body.
- Identify strategies that can soothe their cognitive and/or somatic stress responses.
- Create a plan to reduce stress and develop resilience.
The course will include the following key topics:
- Outlining models of stress and its impact on the nervous system.
- Exploring tools for managing stress levels.
- Introducing the Window of Tolerance
- Cognitive approach to managing thoughts that induce stress.
- Four questions that inquire into our thoughts.
- Somatic exercises using the five senses.
- Creative visualisation to release stress from the body.
- Tools for building resilience.
The course will be delivered by Karen Dempsey
Karen is a UKCP-registered psychotherapist and clinical supervisor, with ten years’ post-qualifying experience. Her qualifications include a Diploma in Clinical Supervision and an MA/Diploma in Transpersonal Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy. She is Faculty Lead for The Awareness Centre Training School in South London, where she creates, develops and delivers training programmes for therapists – including a Diploma in Integrative Counselling and a Diploma in Clinical Supervision. She is also the Lead Counsellor for the City Lit Counselling Service, overseeing the work of placement therapists and a supervisor, as well as carrying out initial client assessments. She is currently carrying out doctoral research into transformative learning.
Includes all course materials and a certificate. Course access details will be emailed direct to delegate(s) upon completion of your booking. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com or call 07341 277487.
- Ticket type
+£30.00 VATTax: +£30.00 VAT