Date, Time & Location
Dec 14, 2023, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
About the Event
This one-day training will offer an understanding of the legal and policy framework for safeguarding adults with a particular focus on Making Safeguarding Personal.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Coordinate the safeguarding adult enquiry and safeguarding planning process
- Effectively risk assess and manage any actions within each stage of the safeguarding adult process
- Make sound and consistent decisions within each stage of the safeguarding adult process
- Describe roles and responsibilities of partner agencies
- Manage decisions about information sharing, confidentiality and consent
- Ensure decisions are made within the context of the legal framework
- Ensure we make MSP
- Housekeeping and welcome
- News update, learning from SAR’s, and report from Action for Elder Abuse.
- Limitations of ‘No Secrets’
- ADASS guidance on applying Section 42 and
- Getting the balance right between empowerment and protection/
- Safeguarding and Well Being
- Legal Framework of safeguarding adults
- Duties and responsibilities under the Care Act 2014
- Specific duties of the Local Authority and partner agencies
- Focus on self-neglect, coercive and controlling behaviour, crimes of neglect
- Mental Capacity and Safeguarding
- Making Safeguarding Personal
- Responding and Reporting-The Safeguarding process- the 4 stages
- What is a safeguarding concern?
- When do we carry out a statutory Enquiry?
- What is the purpose of an enquiry?
- How do we assess risk and understand what actions to take immediately and longer term
- Planning the Enquiry, who needs to be involved and how can the adult at risk be supported
- Consideration of Capacity, Consent and Confidentiality
The course will be delivered by Dawn Revell
Dawn is a qualified Social Worker having obtained her professional status over 18 years ago. She continues to practice as an Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) under the Mental Health Act 1983.She is a joint trained investigator for safeguarding adults and presently has responsibility for managing and advising on complex safeguarding adult cases. Dawn presently manages a generic, county wide social services emergency duty team. She has worked as an associate trainer for over 4 years and has designed, facilitated and delivered training on risk assessment, mental health, mental capacity and safeguarding adults.
Includes all course materials and a certificate. Course access details will be emailed direct to delegate(s) upon completion of your booking. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07341 277487.
Are you a Local Authority, NHS Trust or CCG ?
If you are a Local Authority, NHS Trust or CCG and require an invoice please email email@example.com for a booking form
- Ticket type
+£30.00 VATTax: +£30.00 VAT