Level 3 Safeguarding Adults 2 & 3 September 2021
Date, Time & Location
About the Event
PART 1: 2 September 2021 10:00 to 13.00
PART 2: 3 September 2021 10.00 to 13:00
This one-day training will offer an understanding of the legal and policy framework for safeguarding adults with a particular focus on Making Safeguarding Personal.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Coordinate the safeguarding adult enquiry and safeguarding planning process
- Effectively risk assess and manage any actions within each stage of the safeguarding adult process
- Make sound and consistent decisions within each stage of the safeguarding adult process
- Describe roles and responsibilities of partner agencies
- Manage decisions about information sharing, confidentiality, and consent
- Ensure decisions are made within the context of the legal framework
- Ensure we make MSP
- News update, learning from SAR’s, and report from Action for Elder Abuse.
- Limitations of ‘No Secrets’
- ADASS/LGA guidance on applying Section 42 enquiries and raising safeguarding concerns
Identify common problems in adult safeguarding work and enquiries and how to avoid them
- Group Discussion-What does ‘safeguarding mean in practice?
- Getting the balance right between empowerment and protection/ Safeguarding and Well Being
Legal Framework of safeguarding the statutory sections of the Care Act and how to apply them in practice
Applying the 6 statutory safeguarding principles
- Making Safeguarding Personal-Risking Happiness clip
Consider the difference between Safeguarding concerns and s42 enquiries
- What is a safeguarding concern? Mini case scenario’s
- When do we carry out a statutory Enquiry?
- What is the purpose of an enquiry?
- Planning the Enquiry
Supporting an adult to achieve their outcomes
- Consideration of Capacity, Consent and Confidentiality
The course will be delivered by Dawn Revell
Dawn is a qualified Social Worker having obtained her professional status over 18 years ago. She continues to practice as an Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) under the Mental Health Act 1983.She is a joint trained investigator for safeguarding adults and presently has responsibility for managing and advising on complex safeguarding adult cases. Dawn presently manages a generic, county wide social services emergency duty team. She has worked as an associate trainer for over 4 years and has designed, facilitated and delivered training on risk assessment, mental health, mental capacity and safeguarding adults.
Includes all course materials and a certificate. Course access details will be emailed direct to delegate(s) upon completion of your booking. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07341 277487.
Are you a Local Authority, NHS Trust or CCG ?
If you are a Local Authority, NHS Trust or CCG and require an invoice please email email@example.com for a booking form
- Course Place£150+£30 VAT£150+£30 VAT0£0